NAME OF JOB POSITION: Operations Coordinator
Location: Ritsona Refugee Camp
Start Date: ASAP
I AM YOU is a non-profit based in Greece that focuses on resolving real-time needs of the population it serves. The need can either be on going or momentary. The impact of solving a real need however is permanent.
Currently we are operating in one refugee camp within Central Greece. I AM YOU started in October 2015 in response to the immediate emergency needs of refugees arriving in Lesvos. We are a grassroots organization that believes in the power of people and that there is a better way of providing aid. Our mission is to serve displaced populations and fight prejudice, by putting our common humanity first.
Working with I AM YOU means that you will join a dynamic team of individuals who work together to support our work while bringing a sense of humanity by improving the lives of displaced men, women and children. Our organization focuses on human-to-human aid, putting volunteers at the forefront of our work and building our organization from their skills and experience. We celebrate the diversity in our team and believe it makes us stronger.
We are currently looking for an Operations Coordinator. An operations coordinator is a key person in I AM YOU as they will be handling the day-to-day activities that ensure smooth, efficient businesses processes and functions. The role requires exceptional time management skills, good communication abilities, and an understanding of project management approaches and strategic thinking.
The job position ensures that I AM YOU runs a smooth operation and delivers its wider mission. The role directly supports the board and the permanent team and indirectly supports the volunteers, refugee community and other humanitarian aid actors. The Operations Coordinator ensures that the day to day running of the organisation is first class and that all processes, team structures and administrative support are in place to deliver excellent services and complete our wider mission.
The successful candidate will be expected to bring to life the organisation’s mission in its processes but also be able to spearhead new initiatives for I AM YOU to spread its grassroots mission on a global scale. The Operations Coordinator will also be expected to uphold I AM YOUs values at all time. However the person should feel confident enough to also improve upon what has been done before and add to the success of the organisation.
Accountability and Relationship
- Reports to the board
- Works closely with:
- Field Coordinator
- Programme Coordinators
- Third party humanitarian actors off site
- Actors on site
- Direct Reports:
- Volunteer Coordinator (50%)
- Communications Coordinator
- Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator
- Raise funds and write grants
- Ensure correct practises are in place
- Support the Fundraising Coordinator in developing best practices
- Keep all fundraising databases up to date and clean
- Maximise all opportunities to raise funds across all our owned channels
- Outline monthly and annual budget for I AM YOU
- Monitor overall spending of I AM YOU
- Keep track of monthly donations
- Supply monthly finances to I AM YOU’s accountant
- Request monthly payments for staff and third party contractors
- Deliver social media strategy
- Manage the Communications Volunteer in delivering the social media strategy
- Gather data from programs to share with the Communications Volunteer and Fundraising Coordinator
- Ensure all internal communication tools and processes are up to date and in line with the mission
- Program Planning
- Work with the Field Coordinator to ensure that all programs have:
- Program plan and objective
- Monitoring and evaluation is in place
- Permanent Team Management and Structure:
- The Operations Coordinator will ensure proper management of the permanent team and provide support where necessary
- Provide necessary training and mentoring
- Ensure solid structure and correct number of staff are in place
- Monitor and evaluate their progress
- Legal Requirements
- Ensure that I AM YOU’s legal entity processes is completed in every jurisdiction I AM YOU works in.
- Board Relations
- Communicate with the board on a regular basis
- Follow the clear outline and vision of I AM YOU’s board
- Develop the necessary steps to achieve this
- Ensure day to day activities are inline with this
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years project management experience
- Managed at least 2 people over a 6 month period
- Knowledge of the humanitarian aid standards
- Has worked in a refugee camp or within a refugee context previously
- Good communication and mentoring skills
- Any previous financial experience is a huge plus
The successful candidate should be autonomous, dynamic, empathetic, thorough, an organized self-starter with solid interpersonal skills.
Social science degree or equivalent experience
Must be at least 24 years of age
Background check clearance
5 day week 10:00 - 16:30
Greek public holidays are discussed on an ad hoc/need basis
There is no need for the operations coordinator to be onsite everyday. However they will need to replace any member of staff onsite if need be.
What we offer:
- 25 days off
- Opportunity to work in an NGO that has ambitious growth plan
- Chance to help shape the operations of I AM YOU
The work is supported by a stipend and the ideal candidate will be available for 6 months minimum. You are expected to pay for your own flights, meals and accomodation during your time with I AM YOU. I AM YOU sponsors its staff and volunteers with shared transport on location.